Testicular Mapping for TFNA
TESTICULAR MAPPING NOW AVAILABLE AT PACIFIC RIM PATHOLOGY
TURNAROUND TIME IS 2-3 Business days
Pacific Rim Pathology offers interpretation of cytologic preparations obtained from testicular mapping fine needle aspiration (FNA) procedures.
Image-enhanced cytology reports detailing the presence or absence of mature sperm, early germ cells and sertoli cells are provided in 2-3 business days.
Each FNA sample is collected from a specific location in the testis according to a standard template. A smear preparation made from each FNA is examined microscopically using standard cytologic techniques.
This information is then used to “guide” or “direct” sperm retrieval for IVF-ICSI performed at a later date.
Testicular Mapping FNA Kit Handling Instructions
- Contents of your provided Pacific Rim Pathology TFNA Kit:
- Biohazard Bag with Absorbent Sheet (Place Foam and slides inside this bag).
- 25 slides in slide carriers
- Pacific Rim Shipping Box: Place specimens inside box.
- Requisition Form: Place completed requisition form inside collection box.
- Additional Supplies:
- 95% alcohol PAPANICOLAOU Fixative solution
- Extra slides for smearing
- Label the slide(s) with the patient’s first and last name, date of birth, and specimen source directly on the frosted end of the glass, in pencil, before beginning the procedure.
- Immediately fix the biopsy slides labeled with at least two patient identifiers in 95% alcohol. The slides should be immersed in the alcohol for a minimum of 15 minutes. Alternatively, the fixative may be pipetted onto a slide until the smear is totally saturated and then allowed to dry.
- After collection and proper fixation of slide specimens, place slide(s) in slide carriers and submit to Pacific Rim Pathology Laboratory, with the clinical information and requisition.
- Please call New Millennium Courier Service at (619)571-1736. Or, contact us to arrange shipping.
- Notify the Histology Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (855)777-4327 when specimen is sent, in order to start processing immediately.
For more supply orders, please call Pacific Rim Pathology at
(855)777-4327 or (619)295-0964, or email email@example.com.