Screening panel for celiac disease/gluten sensitive enteropathy:
The absence of serologic markers for celiac disease makes a gluten sensitive enteropathy unlikely.
TEST SENSITIVITY AND SPECIFICITY
|h-tTG IgA||97.1% (83.3-99.9%)||99.3% (97.1-99.9%)|
|h-tTG IgG||96.9% (82.0-99.8%)||99.6% (97.7-99.9%)|
|Gliadin II (DGP) IgA*||98.4% (91.4-99.7)||92.7 (85.5-97.1)|
|Gliadin II (DGP) IgG*||95.2 (86.7-99.0)||100 (96.2-100.0)|
*Data based on IgA deficient patients.
*The following results were obtained with the INOVA QUANTA Lite tm Gliadin IgA or IgG II. Gliadin IgA or IgG values obtained with different manufacturers’ assay methods may not be used interchangeably. The magnitude of the reported IgG levels cannot be correlated to an endpoint titer.
Negative tTG IgG does not exclude the possibility of celiac disease.
Limitations of the Procedure:
1. Results are used to aid in diagnosis only. A positive result suggests certain diseases that must be confirmed by clinical findings and other serological tests.
2. The results obtained from this assay are not diagnostic proof of the presence or absence of disease.
1. Korponay-Szabo. Coeliac antibody testing with deamidated gliadin peptides in difficult patient samples. Gut 2007;56(Suppl III): A109.
2. Volta U, Granito A, Parisi C, et al. Deamudated gliadin peptide antibodies as a routine test for celiac disease: a prospective analysis. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2010;16(25): 3144-3152.
3. Sugai E, Moreno ML, Hwang HJ, et al. Celiac disease serology in patients with different pretest probabilities: is biopsy avoidable? World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16(25): 3144-3152.
4. Arguelles-Grande C, Norman GL, Bhagat G, Green PH. Hemolysis interferes with the detection of anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies in celiac disease. Clin Chem. 2010;56(6): 1034-1036.
5. Dahle, C, A. Hagman, et al. (2010). Antibodies against deamidated gliadin peptides identify adult celiac disease patients negative for antibodies against endomysium and tissue transglutaminase. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 32(2): 254-260.
More information? email@example.com